Thursday 5 July 2012

No more odd socks!




I do not know about you but where do all our socks go? especially Little Boos, I have an ever increasing pile of odd socks, so set to work to think of something useful for them.  Whilst cooking the tea I had inspiration, lets make them into bean bags .  Little Boo just recently has started to really enjoy playing football and throwing the ball.  I also knew that I had a stash of popcorn kernels and various seeds which had gone out of date, they had been used previously for a pouring activity but I knew they would work to make the bean bags.


The pile of odd socks or ones that are too small. 

Turn the sock inside out . 
Fill with seeds of your choice 

squash the seed down then place an elastic band around, fold over the remaining top section of  sock


The completed bean bags they look really pretty.

We then played games with them in the garden
Daddy did some juggling 

Little Boo made up her own game trying to throw the bean bags into the peg basket 

We then had to try and knock the ball out the square with the bean bags. 

Then Little Boo and Daddy had a competition who could be first at throwing the bean bag at the letter Mommy calls out.  The letters used were those in Little Boos name as I want to get her familiar with these first.  

Then we had to throw the bean bags at the correct shape 

After all that fun it was time to pack away and count the bean bags back into the basket. 

Hope that you enjoy that activity.  Have you reused socks to make something?




6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! We have a lot of socks that have no match or are too small! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know where do they all go! Is there a sock fairy? Thank you for the lovely comment hope that you will stop by soon and share your comments again.

      Delete
  2. The sock fairy visits our house way too often so these are a great idea for us. I also think they are a nice idea for something sensory for babies to play with, off to pin this now. Cheers Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, love this one so much, thanks for adding it to the outdoor play link up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, so smart! Thank you for sharing this great tutorial. I wanted to let you know that I have added this project to my What Can You Make with a Pair of Socks Round Up. If you would rather I delete your project from this round up please let me know.

    Thanks and have a fabulous Day!

    ReplyDelete

I would be happy to hear any comments